Only three sleeps remain before Mom and Dad venture off to the fair island of Australia. Only months ago, Mom was panicking about her To Do List. Now she relishes their pending departure, and I’m certain once she is off the plane, and takes her first whiff of Auzzie air, she will embrace her new home-away-from-home.
We are all envious of their adventure, but you must have the strength and curiosity to accept the opportunity. Not everybody would. With two young children, I would hesitate to pack up and leave home for any more than a couple of weeks. The life lessons we, and our children, would gain are indisputable. I was too cautious (read: chicken) to venture away from home as a young adult. Now that I have my feet firmly planted, I crave a slightly different history. My adventures will come, and I insist my children grow to have a desire to travel and explore.
It will be wonderful to see Mom and Dad off. To know they are headed out on a trip of a lifetime. Hopefully they will be able to leave those stray items from their To Do Lists far behind. They won’t matter in the grand scheme of things. The Big Picture is this: Enjoy.
We all love you, and will miss you terribly, though we look forward to your words filling these pages in the months to come.
Enjoy.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have a wonder time in Australia Sharon and Lincoln!! The Canadian Consulate (on Harrington Street) is full of great people if you need any advice/info.
You'll love Sydney; friendly people who know how to have a good time when their work day is over!
Bon voyage!
Kate
Post a Comment